ads1

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mango Lassi | Mango Lassi Drink Recipe | Mango Yogurt Smoothie

Mango Lassi is one of my favourite drinks even if they come super sweetened in styrofoam cups from Saravana Bhavan. That's probably my least favourite place to buy it from but I love even that mango lassi. Traditionally in Punjab, where lassi is said to be from originally (and hence the  name Punjabi lassi), a lassi is more than just a drink that blends together a fruit like mango and thick curds. I have seen versions with added cream, spices like cardamom, and more complicated process than just whizzing them all up in a blender.

However, if you preferred an uncomplicated kitchen life like I do, they are super easy to whip up and a great way to use up overly ripe mangoes that are all squishy and don't hold their shape. You can also check out my strawberry lassi recipe here. If you have a lot of ripe mangoes in hand and want to use them up, may I suggest a mango cheesecake in jars, Thai mango sticky rice, or this super delicious mango bundt cake.

Mango Lassi Recipe | Mango Yogurt Smoothie Recipe

Mango Lassi | Mango Yogurt Smoothie

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves 4-6

Ingredients:
1.5 cups of ripe mango, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup of plain yogurt
1/4 cup of milk
2 tbsp of sugar (adjust to taste)
A pinch of of salt
A pinch of cardamom powder (optional)

Instructions:

Easy peasy! Blend all the ingredients together until smooth and serve chilled.

Note - my mango lassi tends to be more mango-heavy so adjust proportions to your taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment