ads1

Monday, July 18, 2011

A Party Welcome Drink Idea - Sprite Fanta Drink Recipe

party welcome drink recipe idea

This is a good welcome drink idea for a small party in your home. There's quite a story behind this drink and although I don't usually share much stories with the recipes, this one can't come without out so here goes. My dad's sister, athamma, is quite a cook but more than that, she is a very eager hostess. Whenever we go back home on vacation, dinner at her place is a done thing and all our favourites line up on the table from one end to the other.

If you are looking for more drinks recipes to serve guests, check out strawberry lassi recipe, badam kheer, mango lassi, and sharjah shake, a milkshake with bananas and dates.

party welcome drink recipe idea

She recently hosted my newly married niece and her family and my mom was very taken by the "welcome drink". She immediately got the recipe, got all the ingredients and was on the phone with me the next day insisting she will make it and send me pics for the blog. I said I wanted to be there as she made it and anyway, I was going home on vacation in another month or so. So she made this while I stood around taking a zillion pictures.

party welcome drink recipe idea

None of us know the name of this and my aunt got it from someone on her husband's side of the family so this drink shall just be called a party welcome drink idea.

party welcome drink recipe idea

The ingredients and combinations will sound a bit bizzarre but it was delicious!

A Party Welcome Drink Idea (Recipe)
Serves 6-8 people

Ingredients:
3 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
2 tbsp orange tang (experiment with flavours here)
1 litre chilled sprite or club soda
1-2tbsp sugar (increase if using club soda)
1 apple peeled and finely chopped
A few sprigs of fresh mint, finely chopped

How Its Made:

1. Add the condensed milk and tang to a bowl and whisk until well combined. (My mom uses what we call the "Horlicks beater" back home. Many years back, the UK version of Horlicks that was sold in duty paid shops came with these and my dad gifted one to his mom. She later gave it to my mom and she uses it to beat egg whites stiff, make cappuccino, and of course to make Horlicks).

2. Add the powdered sugar and give it another whisk. Then add sprite making sure you pour through the sides gently. The mixture will foam up quite a bit.

3. Transfer to glasses, top off with some chopped apples and mint, and serve cold with ice cubes if you like.

party welcome drink recipe idea

Serve your welcome drink immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment