ads1

Friday, December 12, 2014

No-Bake Dessert Recipes - easy desserts that need no baking

No-bake desserts are a bit of a specialty of mine. Yes, I love baking cakes and cookies but when it comes to making desserts, especially for a crowd for a party or potluck, I generally default to no-bake recipes that need no baking, no oven, and in some cases, no cooking or heat at all. Mind you, no baking does not necessarily mean it takes lesser time. Some of these recipes do need to set in the fridge or be cooked in a particular way for them to be ready but yet, if your oven is not working or it's a particularly hot time of year and you just don't want to bake anything, these recipes are for you.

The usual methods of making no-bake dessert is to
a) use a microwave
b) use a steamer
c) use the stove top
d) no cooking needed - just mix and maybe allow to set in the refrigerator.

My favourite methods among all of this is using the steamer. This is because it allows the dessert to cook anyway and gives you similar results as baking. Of course, this depends on what you are making. No-bake cheesecakes require no steamer or oven and yes, that's one delicious dessert too!

So take your pick and I hope you enjoy making these. Please leave a comment if you have a favourite no-bake recipe that's not listed here. I have avoided sharing Indian dessert recipes that need no baking simply because Indian desserts by nature are not usually baked. The cooking methods tend to be elaborate though and can't usually be classified as "simple". These are desserts that are more for parties or when you are cooking for a crowd.

Share and enjoy!














I will be adding more no-bake recipes as I post them so keep checking back. If you try any of these recipes, do drop me an email with the picture of your dish and I'll feature it in my Facebook page! All details here.



No comments:

Post a Comment