ads1

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Dates Banana Milkshake Recipe (Vegan Option Included)


dates banana milkshake recipe

Dates Banana Milkshake, a combination that's probably common and should've seemed natural to me but I never went beyond this banana milkshake with coconut milk for a long time. One day, a friend and I were talking about the ill effects of sugar on our body and how some natural sugars are lesser of the two evils. She uses date sugar in almost all her beverages and that's when the lightbulb went off in my head that I can easily add a couple of dates to my milkshakes instead of sugar.

Easy milkshakes like these are a great drink idea to serve to guests before a party. Serve them in smaller portions so you don't fill them up before the food is served but in general, I appreciate a good hearty drink before some spicy food at Indian parties, especially. A lassi like strawberry lassi or mango lassi is a great option too but as mentioned, keep portions small.

dates banana milkshake recipe

I absolutely love banana milkshake and ayurveda didn't keep reminding me that the combination of banana and cow's milk doesn't suit all body types. I then started using coconut milk in my banana milkshake (and so making it vegan) and while it's not as nice as the original version, it's an acceptable substitute. You can use either cow's milk or go with coconut milk or any other nut milk for a vegan version of this dates banana milkshake.

Check out other easy drinks recipes on Edible Garden. The most popular ones are apple almond milkshake, avocado milkshake, and the popular milkshake from Kerala, Sharjah shake.

DATES BANANA MILKSHAKE RECIPE

Preparation time: 3 minutes
Makes 2 glasses

INGREDIENTS:
400 ml of chilled milk (use any kind you prefer)
3/4 cup of ripe banana, cubed
2 dates (I love Medjool dates for milkshakes)

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Blend all the ingredients together, deseeding the dates if needed before you start blending.

2. Pour into tall glasses and serve immediately.

As mentioned, for a vegan date banana milkshake, you can use coconut milk, cashew milk, or any other vegan-friendly milk that suits your palate. I have only tried cow's milk and coconut milk in this milkshake recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment